This topic is contained in the PDXpert help file, available from the application's Help menu (or press the F1 key). It describes the current PDXpert PLM release and may differ from earlier releases.
Classifies an item dispositioning activity, which briefly states what needs to be done to support the release or cancellation of an item.
- This is the complete name for the disposition action.
- This is the disposition action abbreviation.
- This describes the disposition action and its function.
- Is for document release
- Is for document cancellation
- Is for part release
- Is for part cancellation
- These checkboxes identify the disposition action as being appropriate for releasing or canceling various items. In practice, as the user adds an item to a change's Affected tab, that item's release status determines which disposition action members will be displayed.
- Recurring activity
- When marked, this checkbox identifies actions which will be repeated as necessary after the change is released. Clearing the checkbox indicates that the action will only happen once, at the time that the change is implemented.
- Active: users can select
- Default member of collection
- Permanent member of collection
- For a description of these checkboxes, see the Collections reference > Common properties & attributes help topic.
Disposition actions are those activities that release a new item into production or phase an old item out. When first released, a document needs to be distributed to various users, and a part may require special tooling, expedited shipping, or new equipment for your assembly or test procedures. Similarly, canceled documents need to be recalled or destroyed, and old parts can be scrapped, reworked, or used "as is." Each of these choices has cost implications that are determined by the number of units that must be handled (or "dispositioned") and the cost of dispositioning each one.