PDXpert PLM Software
On-line Help Guide
This help topic describes the current PDXpert PLM release. Earlier releases may be different. To view your release's version of this topic, open PDXpert and press the F1 key or select the Help menu.
Identifies each unique responsibility in your change review process, and the users who represent that responsibility. A responsibility may be shared within a team (e.g., engineering, manufacturing, marketing) or assigned to an individual (quality manager, purchasing director).
Change form and related workflow
- This is the complete name for the group.
- This describes the group and its function.
Assign a group representative by dragging a record from the Persons collection, and dropping it onto the list area.
Change form reviewers—
To be able unlock the change form and provide a response, the reviewing person must be assigned a full-function license.
Create the groups that participate in your change workflow:
- Departments are formal organizational divisions, and reflect general product responsibilities: engineering, manufacturing, procurement, marketing.
- Ad hoc or cross-departmental groups reflect what a person does: program manager, design engineer, quality manager, production supervisor, CM analyst. Since a person can be assigned to more than one department/group, you may have program managers in marketing and manufacturing, or engineers in engineering and manufacturing.
- An individual may have a unique responsibility (e.g., engineering vice president) and therefore may be the only reviewer for a group.
- Groups can be used to assign frequently-used sets of observers.
Some persons may review on behalf of more than one group, and can be added to each of those groups.
Every person in a group receives that group's change workflow notices. The first person to review the change is responding on behalf of the entire group.
If there's no one assigned as a group reviewer, then the group can't be added to a change form's workflow.
Group reviewer permission—
A person who is assigned to a change form's reviewing group has permission to view the change and its affected items. This expands the viewing permissions of the person's assigned role.
Group reviewer permission is equivalent to applying these Roles collection permissions to the change form's affected items:
- Document View pending, View released, View canceled checkboxes
- Part View pending, View released, View canceled checkboxes
- Change form View unreleased and View released checkboxes
For example, if the user's assigned role allows only View released permission, the user can view the change, as well as each affected item's pending and canceled iterations. This expanded permission allows viewing and providing change responses. It doesn't change the user's Create new, Is an analyst or Manage as administrator permissions, nor can it override read-only user account restrictions.
The group reviewer permission expands users' assigned roles only while they're assigned to the group. Users added to the group can view items previously reviewed by the group. Users removed from the group's Persons list will return to their assigned role's normal permissions. This may prevent users from viewing items they've previously viewed and approved.
Group reviewer permission allows access to items listed on the change form, but doesn't apply to related items. For example, an assembly listed on a change may be viewed, but if none of its BOM items are on the change, then these cannot be viewed unless other permissions allow viewing.
Change form observers—
If your change workflow has a consistent set of observers, you can create a group of these persons. When you have many change form templates, it may be easier to edit one group than all of the templates.
Help Guide Contents [PDF]
- 0001. Welcome!
- 0002. Help conventions
- 0100. PDXpert Application Server
- 0101. Server overview
- 0200. How to...
- 0300. Console reference
- 0400. How to start the PDXpert client
- 0500. Program concepts
- 0600. How to set up PDXpert
- 0700. How to use the Item Explorer
- 0800. How to use the Collection Explorer
- 0900. How to work with documents
- 0901. Manage documents
- 1000. How to start a document
- 1003. Fill in the new document
- 1004. Add a document's references
- 1005. Save your document
- 1006. Remove your document
- 1007. Release your document
- 1008. Manage a released document
- 1009. Revise a released document
- 1010. Cancel a released document
- 1100. How to work with parts
- 1101. Manage parts
- 1200. How to start a part
- 1203. Fill in the new part
- 1204. Add, modify or remove BOM parts
- 1205. Import a CAD BOM
- 1206. Add or remove approved sources
- 1207. Add a part's references
- 1208. Save your part
- 1209. Remove your part
- 1210. Release your part
- 1211. Revise a released part
- 1212. Manage a released part
- 1213. Cancel a released part
- 1300. How to revise multiple markups
- 1400. How to work with change forms
- 1401. Processing a change
- 1402. Originate a new change form
- 1403. Analyze a submitted change
- 1404. Fix change processing errors
- 1405. Remove your change form
- 1406. Review a routed change
- 1407. Resolve an on-hold change
- 1408. Analyze an accepted change
- 1409. Use a released change
- 1410. View a completed change
- 1411. Analyze a stopped change
- 1412. View a rejected change
- 1413. Remove a canceled change
- 1414. Return a submitted change
- 1500. How to work with file attachments
- 1600. How to report, import & export
- 1601. Create a report
- 1602. Export a PDX package
- 1603. Use the Report/Export Wizard
- 1700. Import & update items
- 1701. Initialize your PLM database
- 1702. Use the External Data Importer
- 1703. Item Master import
- 1704. Iteration-level relational imports
- 1705. Bill of materials import
- 1706. References import
- 1707. Revision files import
- 1708. Sources import
- 1709. Item-level relational imports
- 1710. Item files & links import
- 1711. Materials import
- 1712. Groups collection import
- 1713. Materials collection import
- 1714. Organizations collection import
- 1715. Persons collection import
- 1716. Custom collection import
- 1800. View & export via ODBC
- 1801. View database objects
- 1802. Create an ODBC connection
- 1803. ItemViews reference
- 1804. ReferencePairViews reference
- 1805. SourcePairViews reference
- 1806. SourceItemMasterView reference
- 1807. StructurePairViews reference
- 1808. ChangeViews reference
- 1809. ChangePairViews reference
- 1810. FilePairMasterView reference
- 1900. How to perform other tasks
- 2000. Menu reference
- 2100. Item Explorer reference
- 2200. Document window reference
- 2300. Part window reference
- 2400. Change Form window reference
- 2500. System Rules reference
- 2501. System Rules window
- 2502. General: Copy files to snapshot
- 2503. General: Item uniqueness definition
- 2504. General: Reviewer's comment required
- 2505. Default File Access
- 2506. Password Policy
- 2507. References Tabs
- 2508. BOM: Allow duplicate parts
- 2509. BOM: Lock part default unit of measure
- 2510. BOM: Allow partner parts
- 2600. Collections reference
- 2601. Managing collections
- 2602. Custom attributes
- 2700. Places/Organizations/Persons
- 2800. General
- 2900. Documents
- 3000. Parts
- 3100. Changes
- 3108. Custom collections
- 3200. Other reference topics
- 3300. Software licenses & legal notices