PDXpert PLM Software
Standard PDXpert PLM client setup
Install the system (server) before you install the remote client application.
Applies to PDXpert PLM software release 7.0 or later, on Windows 7 or later.
The PDXpertClientSetup.exe installation program installs the PDXpert client, which provides a unified interface for (a) setting system options, rules, metadata collections, and other configuration details, and (b) creating and managing documents, parts, changes and file attachments. The installer may also include other supporting components.
Preparing your workstation computer
- Ensure that your workstation computer conforms to the client system requirements.
- Before proceeding with the installation, you must install the latest Windows and .NET service packs and critical updates from Windows Update.
- If you intend to import or export data in Microsoft Office formats
like Excel or Access, and you don't have Microsoft Office installed, you
must install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable.
This package can be downloaded from:
The PDXpert client application requires Windows administrator level permissions to install prerequisites such as the Microsoft .NET Framework. The .NET installer requires Windows administrator permissions to run. If the PDXpert installer doesn't run as expected, first install the required .NET version, and then run the PDXpert client setup.
If you're installing PDXpert as a single-user system, then you don't need to install the PDXpert client. The client application has already been installed during the system setup.
To install the PDXpert client application, do one of the following:
The PDXpert Application Server window displays an http://client/setup download link. Copy the link, send it to the client computer, and download the installer in a web browser.
The link is http://machine:48084/client/setup where machine is the server computer's name or IP address. If the PDXpert Application Server is installed on, say, PLMSERVER then the link is http://PLMSERVER:48084/client/setup
The PDXpert client installer (PDXpertClientSetup.exe) can be copied from the PDXpert Application Server window. Save the setup file and copy it to the client computer. On the client, right-click the PDXpertClientSetup.exe icon and select .
Download the PDXpert client installer from this website and save it to your client computer. On the client, right-click the PDXpertClientSetup-release.exe icon and select .
When you run the PDXpert client application after installation, the Welcome to PDXpert PLM window is displayed. To get help logging in, press the F1 key on your keyboard.
Client installation locations
For detailed information, see System file locations.
The PDXpert System Setup installer installs its own local PDXpert client application on the server machine. The default location is C:\Program Files\PDXpert\PDXpert PLM\Website\bin\PDXpert.exe
On client workstations, PDXpert 8.0 and later clients are installed into the user profile at %localappdata%\PDXpert\Application, for example C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\PDXpert\Application\PDXpert.exe
PDXpert clients prior to 8.0 are installed into the All Users (machine) profile.
Install Guide Contents
- 001. Installation overview
- 002. Preparing the server computer
- 003. Standard PDXpert System setup
- 004. Standard PDXpert PLM client setup
- 005. Installing LocalDB for PDXpert client ODBC
- 006. Custom installation: SQL Server
- 007. Custom installation: PDXpert server
- 008. Custom installation: Private cloud
- 009. Custom installation: Group Policy
- 010. Upgrading the PDXpert Application Server
- 011. Upgrading the PDXpert PLM client
- 012. PDXpert server post-install checklist
- 013. Moving PDXpert server database and files
- 014. PDXpert Application Server diagnostics
- 015. PDXpert PLM client diagnostics
- 016. Microsoft SQL Server diagnostics
- 017. Microsoft SQL Server log files
- 018 Upgrading SQL Server
- Installing and upgrading older PDXpert releases
- 022. PDXpert application folders and files
- 023. System architectural diagram
Release notes (change history)
- PDXpert 6.0 release notes
- PDXpert 6.1 release notes
- PDXpert 6.2 release notes
- PDXpert 6.3 release notes
- PDXpert 6.4 release notes
- PDXpert 6.5 release notes
- PDXpert 6.6 release notes
- PDXpert 7.0 release notes
- PDXpert 7.1 release notes
- PDXpert 7.2 release notes
- PDXpert 7.3 release notes
- PDXpert 7.4 release notes
- PDXpert 7.5 release notes
- PDXpert 8.0 release notes
- PDXpert 8.1 release notes
- PDXpert 9.0 release notes
- PDXpert 9.1 release notes
- PDXpert 9.2 release notes
- PDXpert 9.3 release notes
- PDXpert 10.0 release notes