PDXpert PLM Software Installation Guide
Advanced install: PDXpert client application
The PDXpertClient.exe installation program installs the PDXpert client, which provides a unified interface for (a) setting system options, rules, metadata collections, and other configuration details, and (b) creating and managing documents, parts, changes and file attachments. The installer may also include other supporting components.
You should install the server components before you install the client application. You can obtain the client setup file by downloading it from our website, or by copying it from your server's Desktop after the PDXpert Application Server has been installed.
Preparing your workstation computer
- Ensure that your workstation computer conforms to the client system requirements.
- Before proceeding with the installation, you must install the latest Windows and .NET service packs and critical updates from the Windows Update site: http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx
- If you intend to import or export data in Microsoft Office formats
like Excel or Access, and you don't have Microsoft Office installed, you
must install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable.
This package can be downloaded from:
You must have administrator rights to your computer, and be the only user logged into Windows.
PDXpert requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (".NET 4"). If your system's permission profile blocks PDXpert setup's installation of .NET, cancel the installation and upgrade your computer to .NET 4, then start the PDXpert setup program again.
If you're using PDXpert 7.0 (or higher) as a single-user system, the client software was installed during the server installation. You don't need to install the client separately unless you're installing it on a remote workstation.
To install the PDXpert client application:
Run the PDXpert Client installation program. The installer can be downloaded from the PDXpert Application Server or from the PDXpert website download page. Do one of the following:
- A PDXpertClientSetup browser shortcut was copied onto the server's Windows Desktop during the PDXpert Application Server's installation. Copy or email the PDXpertClientSetup shortcut to the remote workstation, and then open it in the workstation's browser.
- Open the workstation's browser and enter the download link http://machine:48084/client/setup where machine is the server computer's name or IP address. For example, if the PDXpert Application Server is installed at IP address 10.1.1.16, then enter http://10.1.1.16:48084/client/setup
- Go to the download page on the PDXpert website. Save the PDXpertClient.exe installer to your workstation, and then run it.
During installation, you will be required to accept the PDXpert software license agreement. If you agree with the terms of the license, mark the acceptance checkbox, and click the Next button.
Although you can specify options for the PDXpert client application, we recommend using the default values to simplify administration and technical support.
When you run the PDXpert client application after installation, the Welcome to PDXpert PLM window is displayed. To get help logging in, press the F1 key on your keyboard.
Client installation locations
For more information, see System file locations.
The PDXpert System installer installs a PDXpert client application on the server machine. The default location is C:\Program Files\PDXpert\PDXpert PLM\Website\bin\PDXpert.exe
All PDXpert clients installed on network workstations are in the installing user's profile at %localappdata%\PDXpert\Application, for example C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\PDXpert\Application\PDXpert.exe
Installation Guide Topics
- Installation overview
- Standard installatation
- Advanced: Preparing the server
- Advanced: SQL Server
- Advanced: PDXpert application server
- Advanced: PDXpert client
- Advanced: Group Policy
- Upgrade your installation
- Moving your PDXpert PLM database and file library
- Microsoft SQL Server diagnostics
- Microsoft SQL Server log files
- PDXpert server diagnostics
- PDXpert client diagnostics
- PDXpert system file locations