PDXpert PLM Software
Simple, flexible product lifecycle management software for growing companies™
PLM good practices for managing your product data
Many people come to PLM from informal processes that have evolved as their company has grown. While these in-house processes are usually intended to solve an immediate problem, some decisions may have long-term effects that become increasingly complicated and expensive to correct.
In the following topics, we'll explain how current PLM good practices, combined with PDXpert PLM software features, can simplify your engineering data management process.
By adopting PLM good practices, you'll inevitably increase productivity, reduce clerical burdens, and create more accurate product information.
- Part number system design
- Do parts have revisions? What the form-fit-function rule tells us
- Applying principles of interchangeability to your bill of materials
- Identifying alternative ("ALT") parts for your bill of materials
- Life after MIL-STD-100: Document numbering
- Approved vendor sources and supply chain modeling
- Is software a document or a part?
- Designing your change process and defining your change forms