PDXpert PLM Software
On-line Help Guide
This help topic describes the current PDXpert PLM release. Earlier releases may be different. To view your release's version of this topic, open PDXpert and press the F1 key or select the Help menu.
Attach an item file
Item files are identified but not included (isFileIn="No") in a PDX package.
Item files are typically "background" files like vendor quotes, correspondence, sketches and other information not associated with a specific iteration. Item files are not as tightly controlled as iteration files, and any item file can be added, modified or deleted regardless of the release state of the item's iteration(s).
Select the item window's Files tab, then select the Item Files tab.
Unlock the item window by pressing your keyboard's F2 key.
Within the files list area, right-click to open the context menu.
The file is not copied to the library unless PDXpert has exclusive access to the file. If the file is open in another application, you may receive a warning. Close the file in the other application and retry the attachment.
The file is not copied into the library until you save or lock the item record. After the file is saved, any changes made to your local copy won't affect the file that you attached to the Item Files list.
Do not attach a Windows link (.lnk) file. The real data file is not saved, and the link file doesn't contain information that's useful to other computers.
Compressed files — .zip, .7z, .rar, and similar files — should be created only on a Windows PC. See Program concepts > File attachments.
PDXpert does not move, change or delete the source file on your computer.
Right-click within the Item Files list to open the context menu. Select the command and then use the Add File to Library dialog to browse to your file. Select the file and click the button.
Open Windows Explorer and select one or more files to drop. You can multi-select files by using shift-click, control-click or by dragging a selection rectangle to highlight the files. Drag one of the highlighted files from Windows Explorer and drop it onto the Files list (all selected files will follow).
Ensure that at least some part of PDXpert's file list area is visible before you start the drag.
You can override the default file access permissions for the file. Select File Permissions dialog, and then set the View/Copy and Delete checkboxes. Regardless of the selections you make, the current iteration's trustee, as well as analysts, will always have permissions to the file.from the context menu to open the
Lock the window (F2 key) to save the files to the server.
You can delete an attached file by unlocking the item, selecting the file, and pressing your keyboard's Delete key or selecting Delete File from the context menu.
Help Guide Contents [PDF]
- 0001. Welcome!
- 0002. Help conventions
- 0100. PDXpert Application Server
- 0101. Server overview
- 0200. How to...
- 0300. Console reference
- 0400. How to start the PDXpert client
- 0500. Program concepts
- 0600. How to set up PDXpert
- 0700. How to use the Item Explorer
- 0800. How to use the Collection Explorer
- 0900. How to work with documents
- 0901. Manage documents
- 1000. How to start a document
- 1003. Fill in the new document
- 1004. Add or remove references
- 1005. Save your document
- 1006. Remove your document
- 1007. Release your document
- 1008. Manage a released document
- 1009. Revise a released document
- 1010. Cancel a released document
- 1100. How to work with parts
- 1101. Manage parts
- 1200. How to start a part
- 1203. Fill in the new part
- 1204. Add, modify or remove BOM parts
- 1205. Import a CAD BOM
- 1206. Add or remove approved sources
- 1207. Add or remove references
- 1208. Save your part
- 1209. Remove your part
- 1210. Release your part
- 1211. Revise a released part
- 1212. Manage a released part
- 1213. Cancel a released part
- 1300. How to revise multiple markups
- 1400. How to work with change forms
- 1401. Processing a change
- 1500. How to start a change form
- 1503. Analyze a submitted change
- 1504. Fix change processing errors
- 1505. Remove your change form
- 1506. Review a routed change
- 1507. Resolve an on-hold change
- 1508. Analyze an accepted change
- 1509. Use a released change
- 1510. View a completed change
- 1511. Analyze a stopped change
- 1512. View a rejected change
- 1513. Remove a canceled change
- 1514. Return a submitted change
- 1600. How to work with file attachments
- 1700. How to report, import & export
- 1701. Create a report
- 1702. Export a PDX package
- 1703. Use the Report/Export Wizard
- 1800. Import & update items
- 1801. Initialize your PLM database
- 1802. Use the External Data Importer
- 1803. Item Master import
- 1804. Iteration-level relational imports
- 1805. Bill of materials import
- 1806. References import
- 1807. Revision files import
- 1808. Sources import
- 1809. Item-level relational imports
- 1810. Item files & links import
- 1811. Materials import
- 1812. Groups collection import
- 1813. Materials collection import
- 1814. Organizations collection import
- 1815. Persons collection import
- 1816. Custom collection import
- 1900. View & export via ODBC
- 1901. View database objects
- 1902. Create an ODBC connection
- 1903. ItemViews reference
- 1904. ReferencePairViews reference
- 1905. SourcePairViews reference
- 1906. SourceItemMasterView reference
- 1907. StructurePairViews reference
- 1908. ChangeViews reference
- 1909. ChangePairViews reference
- 1910. FilePairMasterView reference
- 2000. How to perform other tasks
- 2100. Menu reference
- 2200. Item Explorer reference
- 2300. Document window reference
- 2400. Part window reference
- 2500. Change Form window reference
- 2600. System Rules reference
- 2601. System Rules window
- 2602. General: Copy files to snapshot
- 2603. General: Copy previous tasks
- 2604. General: Item uniqueness definition
- 2605. General: Reviewer's comment required
- 2606. Default File Access
- 2607. Password Policy
- 2608. References Tabs
- 2609. BOM: Allow duplicate parts
- 2610. BOM: Lock part default unit of measure
- 2611. BOM: Allow partner parts
- 2700. Collections reference
- 2701. Managing collections
- 2702. Custom attributes
- 2800. Places/Organizations/Persons
- 2900. General
- 3000. Documents
- 3100. Parts
- 3200. Changes
- 3208. Custom collections
- 3300. Other reference topics
- 3400. Software licenses & legal notices