PDXpert PLM Software
PDXpert 9.2 release notes (change history)
Published updates in the PDXpert "9.2 series" software (all dates are UTC).
Before upgrading: Read all release notes published from your current release to this new release.
PDXpert 9.2 requires SQL Server 2008 or later. If your PDXpert system currently uses SQL Server 2005, refer to the SQL Server upgrade instructions before installing PDXpert 9.2 or later.
Microsoft's technical support for Windows XP, Server 2003 and Vista has expired. These products are no longer included in our compatibility testing. PDXpert system requirements identify supported replacements for these products.
New CollectionCustomMembers.csv imports a custom collection. [B5171]
Update database minimum requirements to SQL Server 2008, and install Express upgrade. [C26997]
Upgrade effect: A PDXPERT database instance using SQL Server 2005 Express will automatically install and use SQL Server 2008 Express. All other SQL Server editions and instances must be upgraded manually before installing this PDXpert release. Your computer may need to be restarted.
Update system minimum requirements (except Windows XP) to .NET Framework 4.5.2, and install upgrade. [C27105,C27118]
Upgrade effect: The .NET 4.5.2 download may be up to 75 MiB, and a fast internet connection is recommended. Your computer may need to be restarted after the update.
Update change form's Cannot route error message to indicate when the Reviewers list is empty. [B8192]
Fix Turkish Windows strings to be case-invariant. In Turkish there are two i characters: one with a dot, i/İ, and one without a dot, ı/I; Turkish uppercase i is not Latin I. Implement IDNA (RFC 3490 / RFC 5891) for machine name and domain name. [B4119/B5151/B5153, C27084/27086]
If the server machine name includes Turkish i/ı characters, then updates to the PDXpert client application must (1) use the IP address rather than machine name in the link, or (2) be installed manually using the PDXpertClient.exe installer. Microsoft Windows 8.1 IDNA does not have this restriction, and Microsoft's updates in the future may fix this issue in older Windows 7 and 8.0.
Fix UTF-7 string encoding in an external link, for example German umlaut (Ä ä Ö ö Ü ü). [B5165]
Fix installer to temporarily extend installation support on Windows Server 2003. [C26796]
Fix Markup Wizard use of item records in global session. [C26822]
Install Guide Contents
- 001. Installation overview
- 002. Preparing the server computer
- 003. Standard PDXpert System setup
- 004. Standard PDXpert PLM client setup
- 005. Installing LocalDB for PDXpert client ODBC
- 006. Custom installation: SQL Server
- 007. Custom installation: PDXpert server
- 008. Custom installation: Private cloud
- 009. Custom installation: Group Policy
- 010. Upgrading the PDXpert Application Server
- 011. Upgrading the PDXpert PLM client
- 012. PDXpert server post-install checklist
- 013. Moving PDXpert server database and files
- 014. Managing a PDXpert test server
- 015. PDXpert Application Server diagnostics
- 016. PDXpert PLM client diagnostics
- 017. Microsoft SQL Server diagnostics
- 018. Microsoft SQL Server log files
- 019. Connecting SQL Server Management Studio
- 020. Upgrading SQL Server
- Installing and upgrading older PDXpert releases
- 024. Service configuration settings
- 025. Application folders and files
- 026. System architectural diagram
Release notes (change history)
- PDXpert 10.0 release notes
- PDXpert 10.1 release notes
- PDXpert 10.2 release notes
- PDXpert 10.3 release notes
- PDXpert 11.0 release notes
- PDXpert 11.1 release notes
- PDXpert 11.2 release notes
- PDXpert 12.0 release notes
- PDXpert 12.1 release notes
- PDXpert 12.2 release notes
- PDXplorer 5.0 release notes
- PDXplorer 5.1 release notes
- PDXpert 13.0 release notes