PDXpert PLM Software
PDXpert Application Server setup
The PDXpert Application Server and the SQL database server must be installed on the same computer.
You must have administrator rights to your computer, and be the only user logged into Windows. (Confirm using the Windows command query user)
1. Installation options §
Choose one of the following options (A. or B.) to install the PDXpert system.
A. Standard installation with integrated SQL Server§
The standard installation automatically downloads and installs SQL Server 2014 Express LocalDB. This is a secure, low-profile, minimal footprint version of SQL Server. It's intended to support workgroups of up to about 10 users. The installation is fast, and won't affect other database applications.
Run the PDXpert system installation program from your server's local storage.
B. Optional installation for separate SQL Server§
Use this option if you prefer PDXpert to use your selected SQL Server instance, and don't want PDXpert to install its own SQL Server instance.
SQL Server requirements
The Local System account (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) must be the service user; and
The user who installs PDXpert must be one of the SQL Server instance's system administrators.
For the recommended procedure to manually install SQL Server for PDXpert, see Custom installation: SQL Server.
Procedure B §
Run the PDXpert installer on the computer where SQL Server is installed:
For PDXpert 10.0 and later: From the Windows db=0 option:menu, open a command line prompt, and execute the system setup using the
- For releases earlier than PDXpert 10.0: Run the setup EXE file by double-clicking the Windows icon.
After installation and before running the PDXpert client, open the PDXpert Application Server and click the .\PDXPERT.button to select your installed SQL Server instance. Select (or enter) the local instance name that PDXpert will use, like
You'll see two messages: Changing database server and then Status: Starting services. These processes may take up to 3 minutes. If it takes longer, SQL Server may not be accepting your permissions. Shut down and restart the PDXpert Server application, and this may finish the task.
2. Continuing the setup§
To complete the PDXpert Application Server setup:
During installation, the PDXpert software license agreement is shown. If you agree with the terms of the license, mark the acceptance checkbox, and click the Next button.
Although you can specify options for the PDXpert Application Server, we recommend using the default values to simplify administration and technical support.
The installer creates a folder for your database and library on your system drive. If you prefer to use another location for your data, allow the installation to proceed. After installation is complete, use the Settings tab on the PDXpert Application Server console to select your preferred location for the data folder.
When the installation is complete, click the Finish button. On the Windows Desktop, there are two icons:
- The PDXpert client application is used for administrative tasks (license entry, user account management, etc.) and normal product data management activities.
- The PDXpert Application Server is used for database management tasks such as backup, restore, relocation and reset.
Related topics §
Install Guide Contents
- 001. Installation overview
- 002. Preparing the server computer
- 003. Standard PDXpert System setup
- 004. Standard PDXpert PLM client setup
- 005. Installing LocalDB for PDXpert client ODBC
- 006. Custom installation: SQL Server
- 007. Custom installation: PDXpert server
- 008. Custom installation: Private cloud
- 009. Custom installation: Group Policy
- 010. Upgrading the PDXpert Application Server
- 011. Upgrading the PDXpert PLM client
- 012. PDXpert server post-install checklist
- 013. Moving PDXpert server database and files
- 014. PDXpert Application Server diagnostics
- 015. PDXpert PLM client diagnostics
- 016. Microsoft SQL Server diagnostics
- 017. Microsoft SQL Server log files
- 018. Connecting SQL Server Management Studio
- 019. Upgrading SQL Server
- Installing and upgrading older PDXpert releases
- 023. Service configuration settings
- 024. Application folders and files
- 025. System architectural diagram
Release notes (change history)
- PDXpert 9.0 release notes
- PDXpert 9.1 release notes
- PDXpert 9.2 release notes
- PDXpert 9.3 release notes
- PDXpert 10.0 release notes
- PDXpert 10.1 release notes
- PDXpert 10.2 release notes
- PDXpert 10.3 release notes
- PDXpert 11.0 release notes
- PDXpert 11.1 release notes
- PDXpert 11.2 release notes
- PDXpert 12.0 release notes
- PDXpert 12.1 release notes
- PDXpert 12.2 release notes