PDXpert PLM Software
This guide covers detailed requirements, procedures and best practices for installing the most recent release of the PDXpert Application Server and PDXpert clients. Contact us if you need to install an older PDXpert release.
The PDXpert PLM system consists of these components:
- The PDXpert System setup file
- Downloads and installs a free edition of Microsoft SQL database server that will contain your product information;
- Installs the PDXpert Application Server, which manages database and library configurations, and provides database connection information to the client application; and
- Installs a PDXpert client application, which provides the user experience and executes the application business rules.
- Creates a PDXpert Client setup file that can be used to extend your system.
- The optional PDXpert Client setup file installs PDXpert on workstations on your LAN or extended network.
The installers automatically detect whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, and will install the appropriate PDXpert applications.
For single user operation, the PDXpert system installation is sufficient. Most installations, however, will use one computer as database and file management server, and use other computers as clients.
The PDXpert client application can be used on the server computer, even in a multi-user environment. However, to ensure adequate performance for both the local user and the network users, your server computer should have a configuration that's significantly better than the recommended minimum.
Install Guide Contents
- 001. Installation overview
- 002. Preparing the server computer
- 003. Standard PDXpert System setup
- 004. Standard PDXpert PLM client setup
- 005. Installing LocalDB for PDXpert client ODBC
- 006. Custom installation: SQL Server
- 007. Custom installation: PDXpert server
- 008. Custom installation: Private cloud
- 009. Custom installation: Group Policy
- 010. Upgrading the PDXpert Application Server
- 011. Upgrading the PDXpert PLM client
- 012. PDXpert server post-install checklist
- 013. Moving PDXpert server database and files
- 014. Managing a PDXpert test server
- 015. PDXpert Application Server diagnostics
- 016. PDXpert PLM client diagnostics
- 017. Microsoft SQL Server diagnostics
- 018. Microsoft SQL Server log files
- 019. Connecting SQL Server Management Studio
- 020. Upgrading SQL Server
- 021. Service configuration settings
- 022. Application folders and files
- 023. System architectural diagram
Release notes (change history)
- PDXpert 10.0 release notes
- PDXpert 10.1 release notes
- PDXpert 10.2 release notes
- PDXpert 10.3 release notes
- PDXpert 11.0 release notes
- PDXpert 11.1 release notes
- PDXpert 11.2 release notes
- PDXpert 12.0 release notes
- PDXpert 12.1 release notes
- PDXpert 12.2 release notes
- PDXplorer 5.0 release notes
- PDXplorer 5.1 release notes
- PDXpert 13.0 release notes
- PDXpert 14.0 release notes
- PDXplorer 5.2 release notes