PDXpert PLM Software
PDXpert 10.2 release notes (change history)
Published updates in the PDXpert 10.2 series software (all dates are UTC).
Windows XP and Windows 2003 do not support .NET 4.5.1 or SQL Server LocalDB, and are therefore incompatible with the PDXpert server software. Our client compatibility tests no longer include Windows XP and Server 2003.
If your PDXpert system currently uses SQL Server 2005, refer to the SQL Server upgrade instructions before installing this release.
Supported Microsoft products are shown in the PDXpert system requirements.
New Groups, Document Types, Part Types and Change Forms. [b13285]context menu command creates a new collection member by duplicating the default (bold) collection member. Collections affected are
New multi-level BOM stored procedure can optionally stop on first instance (including starting part) of selected part type, as defined in a new data transformation <sql/> query. [b13283]
New status bar message notifies administrators of service expiration starting 30 days before the subscription/MSU expiration date, and for 30 days thereafter. [b716]
Update BOM Quantity Category so that Per Setup parts (e.g., tooling or fixtures) are treated as zero quantity in roll-up and pick list reports. The parts remain displayed in reports. [b13284/c30143]
Effect on your system: When calculating an assembly's cost, mass or other value, only the quantities assigned to Per assembly rows are included. The BOM cost roll-up stored procedure will assign zero quantity to a row with the category Per setup and, as previously, As needed.
After upgrading: If your company uses the Per setup value in BOM rows, run cost roll-up and pick list reports to observe the change. Re-validate data transformations that use the BOM cost roll-up stored procedure. In general, consider listing Per setup parts in the assembly's References list rather than BOM list.
Update NLog from version 3.2 to 4.0. [c30118]
Update allowed framework to .NET 4.6. [c30154]
Fix client MSI installer to exclude FirstRun signal file. [c30125]
Fix window activation order after active window is closed. Related to Windows work-around in fix b970, release 10.1. [b13280/c30132]
Fix server'sfunction to apply client setup file name instead of GUID name. [b13278/c30155]
Fix button on evaluation post-login pop-up window when Windows display is scaled to other than 100%. [c30144]
Fix Groups window to remove incorrect temporary label while creating new collection member.
Install Guide Contents
- 001. Installation overview
- 002. Preparing the server computer
- 003. Standard PDXpert System setup
- 004. Standard PDXpert PLM client setup
- 005. Installing LocalDB for PDXpert client ODBC
- 006. Custom installation: SQL Server
- 007. Custom installation: PDXpert server
- 008. Custom installation: Private cloud
- 009. Custom installation: Group Policy
- 010. Upgrading the PDXpert Application Server
- 011. Upgrading the PDXpert PLM client
- 012. PDXpert server post-install checklist
- 013. Moving PDXpert server database and files
- 014. PDXpert Application Server diagnostics
- 015. PDXpert PLM client diagnostics
- 016. Microsoft SQL Server diagnostics
- 017. Microsoft SQL Server log files
- 018. Connecting SQL Server Management Studio
- 019. Upgrading SQL Server
- Installing and upgrading older PDXpert releases
- 023. Service configuration settings
- 024. Application folders and files
- 025. System architectural diagram
Release notes (change history)
- PDXpert 9.0 release notes
- PDXpert 9.1 release notes
- PDXpert 9.2 release notes
- PDXpert 9.3 release notes
- PDXpert 10.0 release notes
- PDXpert 10.1 release notes
- PDXpert 10.2 release notes
- PDXpert 10.3 release notes
- PDXpert 11.0 release notes
- PDXpert 11.1 release notes
- PDXpert 11.2 release notes
- PDXpert 12.0 release notes
- PDXpert 12.1 release notes
- PDXpert 12.2 release notes