PDXpert PLM Software
PDXpert 5.3 release notes (change history)
Published updates in the PDXpert "5.3 series" software (all dates are UTC).
- Simplifies creating new items by eliminating the separate Home/Partner icons in the Item Explorer
- Automatically creates client installer to simplify downloads and new installations
- Improves the search algorithm to provide more focused search results while increasing performance
- Adds convenient alphabetized folders for large collections
- Substantially improves performance of data restoring and re-indexing
- Optimizes performance of query results, collection loading and window opening to take advantage of SQL Server multi-threading (non-SSEE only)
- Simplifies a few collections to make configuration & maintenance easier
- Important Client installation & configuration in response to recent Microsoft Windows Security Update (KB) changes.
- Adds support for SQL Server 2008.
- Prepares server for Windows 64-bit operating systems.
- New: Important client installation & configuration in response to recent Microsoft Windows Security Update (KB) changes
- New: Report Wizard and Export Wizard have been combined into a single window, and we've significantly revised how Data Transformations and Report Templates are used with your data.
- New: Data Queries collection has been added that, together with the revised Report/Export Wizard, provides SQL pass-through queries to aggregate data. The new Change In Process report demonstrates this feature by showing all unreleased change forms.
- New: Creating a Task will now send an email notice to the assigned person (in addition to the task showing in the Item Explorer's Tasks list).
- New: Support for SQL Server 2008
- New: Support for Windows 64-bit operating systems
- Updated: The Reviewer Responses collection has been removed. If you’ve been using the options for ensuring user comments, these options have been moved to the Tools > System Rules... window.
- Updated: Change window's Related Changes and Dispositioning functions.
- Updated: Supports multiple servers on same network by allowing server auto-response to be suppressed when client broadcast request.
- Updated: Structure reports: Multi-level with Sources, Cost Roll-up, Part List (which is now more accurately called a Pick List)
- Updated: Added new Admin Override permission to allow changes to item Revision files list.
- Updated: The help file has been updated to reflect these (and other) points.
- Updated: The Installation Guide has been updated to reflect new information about using SQL Server 2008.
- Other: Prepares client & server for Windows 7. Verified installation into Windows 7 Release Candidate (en-US)
- Restored previous change approval method.
Install Guide Contents
- 001. Installation overview
- 002. Preparing the server computer
- 003. Standard PDXpert System setup
- 004. Standard PDXpert PLM client setup
- 005. Installing LocalDB for PDXpert client ODBC
- 006. Custom installation: SQL Server
- 007. Custom installation: PDXpert server
- 008. Custom installation: Private cloud
- 009. Custom installation: Group Policy
- 010. Upgrading the PDXpert Application Server
- 011. Upgrading the PDXpert PLM client
- 012. PDXpert server post-install checklist
- 013. Moving PDXpert server database and files
- 014. PDXpert Application Server diagnostics
- 015. PDXpert PLM client diagnostics
- 016. Microsoft SQL Server diagnostics
- 017. Microsoft SQL Server log files
- 018. Connecting SQL Server Management Studio
- 019. Upgrading SQL Server
- Installing and upgrading older PDXpert releases
- 023. Service configuration settings
- 024. Application folders and files
- 025. System architectural diagram
Release notes (change history)
- PDXpert 9.0 release notes
- PDXpert 9.1 release notes
- PDXpert 9.2 release notes
- PDXpert 9.3 release notes
- PDXpert 10.0 release notes
- PDXpert 10.1 release notes
- PDXpert 10.2 release notes
- PDXpert 10.3 release notes
- PDXpert 11.0 release notes
- PDXpert 11.1 release notes
- PDXpert 11.2 release notes
- PDXpert 12.0 release notes
- PDXpert 12.1 release notes
- PDXpert 12.2 release notes