What are the benefits of PLM software?
Product lifecycle management software improves your time-to-market, product quality, and unit costs by easily sharing and securely managing your product's definition.
It's the best engineering tool for
- Identifying parts, qualified supplier parts, and bill of materials content.
- Managing all product-related documents and files (marketing requirements, design specifications, production instructions and maintenance procedures).
- Controlling revisions to approved product data using on-line change forms and approval workflow.
PDXpert PLM software creates a powerful competitive advantage:
- Quickly find parts, documents and changes, without having to know exactly how they're indexed or where they're used
- Rely on up-to-date, accurate and approved bills of materials
- Centrally store and protect design files, specifications and other electronic documents
- Provide instant cost rollups and materials declarations for individual parts and complete assemblies
- Process changes promptly to accommodate new market demands
- Retain a complete history that automatically records how each item has changed over time
The benefits of PLM are proven: A US medical device manufacturer cut their ECN process from 33 days to only 5 days. A European gas appliance manufacturer saw a 75% improvement in time-to-market. Would faster change processing add value in your company?
Benefits of PLM software
The following links describe how PDXpert PLM software will help your organization:
To get the complete story, view our video presentation "Why PLM? Managing product data to improve financial performance". Then download PDXpert PLM software to see the full benefits of a simple, flexible, and secure PLM solution.
Create Parts & BOM,
Add Files, Release ECN