PDXpert PLM Software
On-line Help Guide
This help topic describes the current PDXpert PLM release. Earlier releases may be different. To view your release's version of this topic, open PDXpert and press the F1 key or select the Help menu.
Fix change processing errors
Each child item on a parent item's BOM, Sources or References list must be released with (or before) the parent item. A child item can be canceled only when it's not used by a released parent item.
Rules for processing a change form—
An implementing change form can be processed when its Affected list
- will release or cancel an item (part or document) that doesn't use, and isn't used by, another item;
- will release a parent item that uses a pending child item, and
- that pending child item is released with (or before) the parent item;
- will cancel a released child item that is used by a released parent item, and
- that released child item is not canceled while remaining on the released parent item.
Fixing processing errors—
PDXpert examines the routed change form's Affected list and displays the Processing Error window if the processing rules are violated. If an item is listed more than once, fixing that item may resolve several of the reported errors.
Remove from change: <child item>, used by <parent item>—
The Processing Error window shows each released child item that may not belong on the change form's Affected list.
Remove from change: child item, used by parent item
To solve this processing error, do one of the following:
Remove the released child item from the change form's Affected list. The released change will not cancel the child item, which remains available for the parent item.
Add a new pending iteration of the child item to the change form's Affected list, to replace the previous iteration on the parent item.
If the parent item is released, revise the parent item to remove the child item, and then add the parent to the current change form's Affected list.
If the parent item is pending, remove the released child item from the parent item BOM, Sources or References list.
Add the released parent item to the current change form's Affected list to cancel both parent and child items.
Add to change: <child item>, required for <parent item>—
The Processing Error window shows each pending or canceled child item may be missing from the change form's Affected list.
Add to change: child item, required for parent item
To solve this processing error, do one of the following:
Add the pending child item to the change form's Affected list to release it with the parent item.
If the child item is already on another change form's Affected list, process and release the child item before releasing the parent item on the current change.
You can also remove the child item from the other change form, and then proceed with option 1, above.
Remove the child item from the pending parent item BOM, Sources or References list.
Remove the parent item from the current change form's Affected list.
If the child item's most recent iteration is canceled, create a new pending iteration before following option 1 or option 2.
If the child item isn't ready for release at Production lifecycle and the parent item must be released, consider releasing parent and child items at a pre-production lifecycle. Follow up with a production release later.
Help Guide Contents [PDF]
- 0001. Welcome!
- 0002. Help conventions
- 0100. PDXpert Application Server
- 0101. Server overview
- 0200. How to...
- 0300. Console reference
- 0400. How to start the PDXpert client
- 0500. Program concepts
- 0600. How to set up PDXpert
- 0700. How to use the Item Explorer
- 0800. How to use the Collection Explorer
- 0900. How to work with documents
- 0901. Manage documents
- 1000. How to start a document
- 1003. Fill in the new document
- 1004. Add or remove references
- 1005. Save your document
- 1006. Remove your document
- 1007. Release your document
- 1008. Manage a released document
- 1009. Revise a released document
- 1010. Cancel a released document
- 1100. How to work with parts
- 1101. Manage parts
- 1200. How to start a part
- 1203. Fill in the new part
- 1204. Add, modify or remove BOM parts
- 1205. Import a CAD BOM
- 1206. Add or remove approved sources
- 1207. Add or remove references
- 1208. Save your part
- 1209. Remove your part
- 1210. Release your part
- 1211. Revise a released part
- 1212. Manage a released part
- 1213. Cancel a released part
- 1300. How to revise multiple markups
- 1400. How to work with change forms
- 1401. Processing a change
- 1402. Originate a new change form
- 1403. Analyze a submitted change
- 1404. Fix change processing errors
- 1405. Remove your change form
- 1406. Review a routed change
- 1407. Resolve an on-hold change
- 1408. Analyze an accepted change
- 1409. Use a released change
- 1410. View a completed change
- 1411. Analyze a stopped change
- 1412. View a rejected change
- 1413. Remove a canceled change
- 1414. Return a submitted change
- 1500. How to work with file attachments
- 1600. How to report, import & export
- 1601. Create a report
- 1602. Export a PDX package
- 1603. Use the Report/Export Wizard
- 1700. Import & update items
- 1701. Initialize your PLM database
- 1702. Use the External Data Importer
- 1703. Item Master import
- 1704. Iteration-level relational imports
- 1705. Bill of materials import
- 1706. References import
- 1707. Revision files import
- 1708. Sources import
- 1709. Item-level relational imports
- 1710. Item files & links import
- 1711. Materials import
- 1712. Groups collection import
- 1713. Materials collection import
- 1714. Organizations collection import
- 1715. Persons collection import
- 1716. Custom collection import
- 1800. View & export via ODBC
- 1801. View database objects
- 1802. Create an ODBC connection
- 1803. ItemViews reference
- 1804. ReferencePairViews reference
- 1805. SourcePairViews reference
- 1806. SourceItemMasterView reference
- 1807. StructurePairViews reference
- 1808. ChangeViews reference
- 1809. ChangePairViews reference
- 1810. FilePairMasterView reference
- 1900. How to perform other tasks
- 2000. Menu reference
- 2100. Item Explorer reference
- 2200. Document window reference
- 2300. Part window reference
- 2400. Change Form window reference
- 2500. System Rules reference
- 2501. System Rules window
- 2502. General: Copy files to snapshot
- 2503. General: Item uniqueness definition
- 2504. General: Reviewer's comment required
- 2505. Default File Access
- 2506. Password Policy
- 2507. References Tabs
- 2508. BOM: Allow duplicate parts
- 2509. BOM: Lock part default unit of measure
- 2510. BOM: Allow partner parts
- 2600. Collections reference
- 2601. Managing collections
- 2602. Custom attributes
- 2700. Places/Organizations/Persons
- 2800. General
- 2900. Documents
- 3000. Parts
- 3100. Changes
- 3108. Custom collections
- 3200. Other reference topics
- 3300. Software licenses & legal notices