PDXpert PLM Software
On-line Help Guide
This help topic describes the current PDXpert PLM release. Earlier releases may be different. To view your release's version of this topic, open PDXpert and press the F1 key or select the Help menu.
Log into PDXpert
Your security account determines your permissions to system functions and database records within the context of a PDXpert database (server). Your account has two elements: a user account name and a password.
From the Windows Start menu, select the PDXpert program folder, and then the PDXpert PLM program. (Or, double-click the PDXpert PLM desktop icon.)
When the Welcome to PDXpert PLM dialog appears, enter your account name.
If no user accounts have been set up, use the default account name Admin.
If you've been assigned a domain user account, include the domain with your user name, such as domain\username.
Enter your account password.
The password is case-sensitive, so enter the password exactly as it was originally created.
If no user accounts have been set up, use the default account password (blank).
Enter the computer name or IP address of your PDXpert application server into the Server computer's machine name control. If the PDXpert Application Server is installed on your local workstation, use the default value localhost.
You may select Options:
Mark Encrypt my connection to this server when using an untrusted connection, such as the public internet or a Wi-Fi network. Encryption affects data transfers only; the server's database remains unencrypted. If your PC is connected to the server using a VPN or wired LAN, encryption may not be needed.
PDXpert implements a Transport Layer Security (TLS) application-specific VPN using forward secrecy. The PDXpert server and each client generate a unique public key security certificate. These are used to negotiate a shared symmetric security key that has a relatively short lifespan, and is then replaced. Transfer rate is similar to, and data security is often better than, using a normal VPN.
Mark Reset my account settings to clear the client local cache. This resets your window locations, search terms, previously-opened items list and the client cache. It does not affect the Preferences... window contents.
The client local cache contains summary data from each system you use. A reset forces the client to delete and rebuild the cache. This may take a few extra seconds to several minutes, depending on the cache size and your network speed. If you use more than one system, each cache is rebuilt when you next connect to that system.
Click thebutton to save the PDXpert client's diagnostic file to a convenient location.
If this dialog opens again after clicking the Solve client log-in problems.button, refer to the help topic
There's a normal start-up delay the first time you log into PDXpert, and whenever you connect to a different or upgraded server. The client must build its local cache, and may need to download new code compatible with the server.
Help Guide Contents [PDF]
- 0001. Welcome!
- 0002. Help conventions
- 0100. PDXpert Application Server
- 0101. Server overview
- 0200. How to...
- 0300. Console reference
- 0400. How to start the PDXpert client
- 0500. Program concepts
- 0600. How to set up PDXpert
- 0700. How to use the Item Explorer
- 0800. How to use the Collection Explorer
- 0900. How to work with documents
- 0901. Manage documents
- 1000. How to start a document
- 1003. Fill in the new document
- 1004. Add a document's references
- 1005. Save your document
- 1006. Remove your document
- 1007. Release your document
- 1008. Manage a released document
- 1009. Revise a released document
- 1010. Cancel a released document
- 1100. How to work with parts
- 1101. Manage parts
- 1200. How to start a part
- 1203. Fill in the new part
- 1204. Add, modify or remove BOM parts
- 1205. Import a CAD BOM
- 1206. Add or remove approved sources
- 1207. Add a part's references
- 1208. Save your part
- 1209. Remove your part
- 1210. Release your part
- 1211. Revise a released part
- 1212. Manage a released part
- 1213. Cancel a released part
- 1300. How to revise multiple markups
- 1400. How to work with change forms
- 1401. Processing a change
- 1402. Originate a new change form
- 1403. Analyze a submitted change
- 1404. Fix change processing errors
- 1405. Remove your change form
- 1406. Review a routed change
- 1407. Resolve an on-hold change
- 1408. Analyze an accepted change
- 1409. Use a released change
- 1410. View a completed change
- 1411. Analyze a stopped change
- 1412. View a rejected change
- 1413. Remove a canceled change
- 1414. Return a submitted change
- 1500. How to work with file attachments
- 1600. How to report, import & export
- 1601. Create a report
- 1602. Export a PDX package
- 1603. Use the Report/Export Wizard
- 1700. Import & update items
- 1701. Initialize your PLM database
- 1702. Use the External Data Importer
- 1703. Item Master import
- 1704. Iteration-level relational imports
- 1705. Bill of materials import
- 1706. References import
- 1707. Revision files import
- 1708. Sources import
- 1709. Item-level relational imports
- 1710. Item files & links import
- 1711. Materials import
- 1712. Groups collection import
- 1713. Materials collection import
- 1714. Organizations collection import
- 1715. Persons collection import
- 1716. Custom collection import
- 1800. View & export via ODBC
- 1801. View database objects
- 1802. Create an ODBC connection
- 1803. ItemViews reference
- 1804. ReferencePairViews reference
- 1805. SourcePairViews reference
- 1806. SourceItemMasterView reference
- 1807. StructurePairViews reference
- 1808. ChangeViews reference
- 1809. ChangePairViews reference
- 1810. FilePairMasterView reference
- 1900. How to perform other tasks
- 2000. Menu reference
- 2100. Item Explorer reference
- 2200. Document window reference
- 2300. Part window reference
- 2400. Change Form window reference
- 2500. System Rules reference
- 2501. System Rules window
- 2502. General: Copy files to snapshot
- 2503. General: Item uniqueness definition
- 2504. General: Reviewer's comment required
- 2505. Default File Access
- 2506. Password Policy
- 2507. References Tabs
- 2508. BOM: Allow duplicate parts
- 2509. BOM: Lock part default unit of measure
- 2510. BOM: Allow partner parts
- 2600. Collections reference
- 2601. Managing collections
- 2602. Custom attributes
- 2700. Places/Organizations/Persons
- 2800. General
- 2900. Documents
- 3000. Parts
- 3100. Changes
- 3108. Custom collections
- 3200. Other reference topics
- 3300. Software licenses & legal notices