PDXpert PLM Software
On-line Help Guide
This help topic describes the current PDXpert PLM release. Earlier releases may be different. To view your release's version of this topic, open PDXpert and press the F1 key or select the Help menu.
Review a routed change
On behalf of your group, you review the routed change form to ensure that the change:
- is necessary
- appropriately addresses the issue, and
- accurately and completely describes the changes that are proposed.
Based on your assessment, you decide whether to approve, disapprove, or hold the change for further information.
Select the change form's Reviewers tab.
Unlock the change form (F2 key).
Enter your comments, if any.
For Disapprove change and Hold change responses, you should supply a comment. The Reviewer's comment required system rule may block your response if the comment is missing.
If your change workflow permits a Hold response, an analyst must process the change back to the Routed state or to the Submitted or Canceled state.
Select the Response. The Reviewer Password window is displayed.
- To confirm your response, enter your password and click the button.
- To change your response or comments, click the button.
If you're the last person to approve the change, or you select Disapprove change or Hold change, the change form is immediately processed out of Routed state. You cannot change your response or comments.
You can edit your response and comments while the change lifecycle remains in Routed state (but you can't reset your response to Pending approval). Your response can't be changed by another reviewer in your group.
Processing the change form—
After you've saved your response, the system processes the change form using the administrator-defined workflow.
If you approve the change form, the system notifies the next reviewer or, if none, sets the change lifecycle as Accepted or Released (or Completed).
If you disapprove the change form, any remaining reviewers are skipped. Depending on the workflow design, the change form is forwarded to one of several possible phases: Stopped, Canceled, Rejected, or returned to the analyst as Submitted.
If you put the change form on hold while awaiting clarification, an email notice may be sent to the change originator, analyst or other interested persons based on the workflow's email notice settings. When you get the information you need, an analyst removes the Held state and you provide your final response.
Help Guide Contents [PDF]
- 0001. Welcome!
- 0002. Help conventions
- 0100. PDXpert Application Server
- 0101. Server overview
- 0200. How to...
- 0300. Console reference
- 0400. How to start the PDXpert client
- 0500. Program concepts
- 0600. How to set up PDXpert
- 0700. How to use the Item Explorer
- 0800. How to use the Collection Explorer
- 0900. How to work with documents
- 0901. Manage documents
- 1000. How to start a document
- 1003. Fill in the new document
- 1004. Add or remove references
- 1005. Save your document
- 1006. Remove your document
- 1007. Release your document
- 1008. Manage a released document
- 1009. Revise a released document
- 1010. Cancel a released document
- 1100. How to work with parts
- 1101. Manage parts
- 1200. How to start a part
- 1203. Fill in the new part
- 1204. Add, modify or remove BOM parts
- 1205. Import a CAD BOM
- 1206. Add or remove approved sources
- 1207. Add or remove references
- 1208. Save your part
- 1209. Remove your part
- 1210. Release your part
- 1211. Revise a released part
- 1212. Manage a released part
- 1213. Cancel a released part
- 1300. How to revise multiple markups
- 1400. How to work with change forms
- 1401. Processing a change
- 1500. How to start a change form
- 1503. Analyze a submitted change
- 1504. Fix change processing errors
- 1505. Remove your change form
- 1506. Review a routed change
- 1507. Resolve an on-hold change
- 1508. Analyze an accepted change
- 1509. Use a released change
- 1510. View a completed change
- 1511. Analyze a stopped change
- 1512. View a rejected change
- 1513. Remove a canceled change
- 1514. Return a submitted change
- 1600. How to work with file attachments
- 1700. How to report, import & export
- 1701. Create a report
- 1702. Export a PDX package
- 1703. Use the Report/Export Wizard
- 1800. Import & update items
- 1801. Initialize your PLM database
- 1802. Use the External Data Importer
- 1803. Item Master import
- 1804. Iteration-level relational imports
- 1805. Bill of materials import
- 1806. References import
- 1807. Revision files import
- 1808. Sources import
- 1809. Item-level relational imports
- 1810. Item files & links import
- 1811. Materials import
- 1812. Groups collection import
- 1813. Materials collection import
- 1814. Organizations collection import
- 1815. Persons collection import
- 1816. Custom collection import
- 1900. View & export via ODBC
- 1901. View database objects
- 1902. Create an ODBC connection
- 1903. ItemViews reference
- 1904. ReferencePairViews reference
- 1905. SourcePairViews reference
- 1906. SourceItemMasterView reference
- 1907. StructurePairViews reference
- 1908. ChangeViews reference
- 1909. ChangePairViews reference
- 1910. FilePairMasterView reference
- 2000. How to perform other tasks
- 2100. Menu reference
- 2200. Item Explorer reference
- 2300. Document window reference
- 2400. Part window reference
- 2500. Change Form window reference
- 2600. System Rules reference
- 2601. System Rules window
- 2602. General: Copy files to snapshot
- 2603. General: Copy previous tasks
- 2604. General: Item uniqueness definition
- 2605. General: Reviewer's comment required
- 2606. Default File Access
- 2607. Password Policy
- 2608. References Tabs
- 2609. BOM: Allow duplicate parts
- 2610. BOM: Lock part default unit of measure
- 2611. BOM: Allow partner parts
- 2700. Collections reference
- 2701. Managing collections
- 2702. Custom attributes
- 2800. Places/Organizations/Persons
- 2900. General
- 3000. Documents
- 3100. Parts
- 3200. Changes
- 3208. Custom collections
- 3300. Other reference topics
- 3400. Software licenses & legal notices