PDXpert PLM Software
On-line Help Guide
This help topic describes the current PDXpert PLM release. Earlier releases may be different. To view your release's version of this topic, open PDXpert and press the F1 key or select the Help menu.
On the Contents list of this help guide, you'll see icons that represent:
A group of related topics (a "chapter"). Click on the to expand the group and show the topics.
A help topic. Click on the title to show the topic in the right panel.
In describing this application, a help topic may show these styles:
- Key is a key that you press on your computer's keyboard.
- System data is shown by the application or operating system. For example, it's used in the main window's status bar.
- Item contains a complete item, collection member or tool. It's shown in the workspace.
Page selects one page of information, typically on a form as a page selector ("tab"). A Topic page that contains a Related page may be shown in this guide as Topic: Related
- selects the Collection Explorer or Item Explorer. It's shown in the Explorer selectors.
- Group Node ◢ Node shows a "navigation tree" group node to expand, and a node to select.
Default collection member in the Collection Explorer.
Inactive collection member in the Collection Explorer.
- Data label shows the name of a data entry field or selection, or is instruction text.
- Data entry is the data that you type or otherwise provide.
- shows the menu to click, and the command to select.
- Selected value shows a selection from a list of choices in a dropdown list.
- This is a checkbox It may be marked (true or yes) or not (false or no).
- It shows one selection from a limited set of options.
- causes an action when it's clicked with your computer mouse. The action may also be caused by a keyboard key, such as Enter or Esc.
Notes provide special information:
A warning identifies areas that require extra caution to prevent damaging your data.
Understand the effects of your action. If you need to explore possible results, use a separate test environment.
Some actions cannot be reversed or undone, so back up your data before you begin.
A note directs your attention to important issues and PDXpert business rules.
A tip may make your PDXpert use more productive, but it's not essential to successful operation.
Release state of document or part.
Document release state
The part class icon shows the most recent iteration's release status:
The change form class icon shows the change lifecycle status:
- Change form
- Summary status:
- In-work status
- Released or completed status
- Canceled or rejected status
- In work:
- Submitted to analyst
- Routed for approval
- Held awaiting more information
- Stopped after disapproval, wait for an analyst to select the next step
- Accepted, and waiting for analyst final review
- Released. All reviewers approved the change. The analyst completes the change.
- Completed. The affected items are dispositioned.
- Canceled, after a reviewer disapproved. The analyst deletes the change.
- Rejected, after a reviewer disapproved. The change form is kept permanently.
Change form reviewer response.
Change affected items and dispositioning
Change releases iteration
Change cancels iteration
Iteration disposition row
Show/hide home items
Show/hide partner items
Collapse list to hide details
Expand list to show details
Add disposition button.
Delete disposition button
Email queue status
- Email ready
- Email blocked
- Email failed
Other icons show actions and status
≡ Page has data
Error, such as missing or duplicate record
Warning, such as duplicate collection abbreviation
Help Guide Contents [as PDF]
- 0001. Welcome!
- 0002. Help styles
- 0100. PDXpert Application Server
- 0101. Server overview
- 0200. How to...
- 0300. Console reference
- 0400. How to start the PDXpert client
- 0500. PDXpert introduction
- 0600. How to set up PDXpert
- 0700. How to use the Item Explorer
- 0800. How to use the Collection Explorer
- 0900. How to work with documents
- 0901. How to work with documents
- 1000. How to start a document
- 1003. Fill in the new document
- 1004. Add or remove references
- 1005. Start and update a task
- 1006. Save your document
- 1007. Remove your document
- 1008. Release your document
- 1009. Manage a released document
- 1010. Revise a released document
- 1011. Cancel a released document
- 1100. How to work with parts
- 1101. How to work with parts
- 1200. How to start a part
- 1203. Fill in the new part
- 1204. Add, modify or remove BOM parts
- 1205. Import a CAD BOM
- 1206. Add or remove approved sources
- 1207. Add or remove references
- 1208. Add or remove materials
- 1209. Start and update a task
- 1210. Save your part
- 1211. Remove your part
- 1212. Release your part
- 1213. Revise a released part
- 1214. Manage a released part
- 1215. Cancel a released part
- 1300. How to revise multiple markups
- 1400. How to work with change forms
- 1401. Processing a change
- 1500. How to start a change form
- 1503. Start and update a task
- 1504. Analyze a submitted change
- 1505. Fix change form routing errors
- 1506. Remove your change form
- 1507. Review a routed change
- 1508. Resolve an on-hold change
- 1509. Analyze an accepted change
- 1510. Use a released change
- 1511. View a completed change
- 1512. Analyze a stopped change
- 1513. View a rejected change
- 1514. Remove a canceled change
- 1515. Return a submitted change
- 1600. How to work with file attachments
- 1700. How to report, import & export
- 1701. Run a report
- 1702. Export a PDX package
- 1703. Use the DataGrid
- 1704. Use the Report/Export Wizard
- 1800. Import & update items
- 1801. Use the Batch Importer
- 1802. Item Master import
- 1803. Iteration-level relational imports
- 1804. Bill of materials import
- 1805. References import
- 1806. Revision files import
- 1807. Sources import
- 1808. Item-level relational imports
- 1809. Item files & links import
- 1810. Materials import
- 1811. Groups collection import
- 1812. Materials collection import
- 1813. Organizations collection import
- 1814. Persons collection import
- 1815. Custom collection import
- 1900. View & export via ODBC
- 1901. View database objects
- 1902. Create an ODBC connection
- 1903. ItemViews reference
- 1904. ReferencePairViews reference
- 1905. SourcePairViews reference
- 1906. SourceItemMasterView reference
- 1907. StructurePairViews reference
- 1908. ChangeViews reference
- 1909. ChangePairViews reference
- 1910. FilePairMasterView reference
- 2000. How to do other tasks
- 2100. Menu reference
- 2200. Document reference
- 2300. Part reference
- 2400. Change Form reference
- 2500. System Rules reference
- 2501. System Rules tool
- 2502. General: Copy files to snapshot
- 2503. General: Copy previous tasks
- 2504. General: Item uniqueness definition
- 2505. General: Reviewer comment required
- 2506. Default File Access
- 2507. Password Policy
- 2508. References Tabs
- 2509. BOM: Limit part to one row
- 2510. BOM: Lock part unit of measure
- 2511. BOM: Allow partner parts
- 2600. Collections reference
- 2601. Managing collections
- 2602. Custom attributes
- 2700. Places/Organizations/Persons
- 2800. General
- 2900. Documents
- 3000. Parts
- 3100. Changes
- 3108. Custom collections
- 3200. Other reference topics
- 3300. Software licenses & legal notices