PDXpert PLM Software
On-line Help Guide
This help topic describes the current PDXpert PLM release. Earlier releases may be different. To view your release's version of this topic, open PDXpert and press the F1 key or select the Help menu.
Change the data directory
The PDXpert Application Server manages different types of data in several subfolders under a single "data directory" Windows folder. Together, these subfolders contain your complete PLM data: database, file library, search index and related settings. When the PDXpert Application Server is first installed, the data subfolders are made within the default data directory. Changing the base path copies the data subfolders and their contents into the new data directory.
Before changing the data directory:
All users must be logged out of the PDXpert client application.
Back up your database and library.
The selected data directory must be on a local uncompressed internal drive. The operation may fail – possibly without any error message – if you select a compressed, network-mapped, or external (e.g., USB) volume.
The selected destination folder must be empty, or must be a previously-used PDXpert data directory.
If the selected folder is empty, then the source data is copied into the empty folder.
If the selected folder is a valid PDXpert data directory that contains the pdxpertdata signature file, then data in the destination folder is not deleted. The PDXpert Server begins using the data in the destination folder.
If the selected folder contains data that PDXpert does not recognize, a warning is shown. If you click thebutton, data in the destination folder is deleted and the source data is copied into the empty folder.
Do not add files to the server's data folder (usually \Data\) or its subfolders. Unrecognized files may interfere with proper operation or may be deleted without warning.
Application performance relies on good data disk performance. Consider using a solid-state drive (SSD) or other fast technology.
On the PDXpert Application Server window:
Select the Manage page.
Within the System changes area:
The Browse for Folder dialog. Choose or make the folder on the local computer where you want your product data and library files to be saved, and click the button. For example, if you want the \Database, \Library and other folders within D:\PDXpert\Data, then select or create the PDXpert and Data folders for this path.button opens the
Moving the data may take a while: the PDXpert Application Server must copy the database, index, and each library file.
The data contained in the source directory is not deleted.
Thebutton copies the current folder path to the Windows clipboard.
Thebutton opens the data directory in Windows File Explorer.
Help Guide Contents [as PDF]
- 0001. Welcome!
- 0002. Help styles
- 0100. PDXpert Application Server
- 0101. Server overview
- 0200. How to...
- 0300. Console reference
- 0400. How to start the PDXpert client
- 0500. PDXpert introduction
- 0600. How to set up PDXpert
- 0700. How to use the Item Explorer
- 0800. How to use the Collection Explorer
- 0900. How to work with documents
- 0901. How to work with documents
- 1000. How to start a document
- 1003. Fill in the new document
- 1004. Add or remove references
- 1005. Start and update a task
- 1006. Save your document
- 1007. Remove your document
- 1008. Release your document
- 1009. Manage a released document
- 1010. Revise a released document
- 1011. Cancel a released document
- 1100. How to work with parts
- 1101. How to work with parts
- 1200. How to start a part
- 1203. Fill in the new part
- 1204. Add, modify or remove BOM parts
- 1205. Import a CAD BOM
- 1206. Add or remove approved sources
- 1207. Add or remove references
- 1208. Add or remove materials
- 1209. Start and update a task
- 1210. Save your part
- 1211. Remove your part
- 1212. Release your part
- 1213. Revise a released part
- 1214. Manage a released part
- 1215. Cancel a released part
- 1300. How to revise multiple markups
- 1400. How to work with change forms
- 1401. Processing a change
- 1500. How to start a change form
- 1503. Start and update a task
- 1504. Analyze a submitted change
- 1505. Fix change form routing errors
- 1506. Remove your change form
- 1507. Review a routed change
- 1508. Resolve an on-hold change
- 1509. Analyze an accepted change
- 1510. Use a released change
- 1511. View a completed change
- 1512. Analyze a stopped change
- 1513. View a rejected change
- 1514. Remove a canceled change
- 1515. Return a submitted change
- 1600. How to work with file attachments
- 1700. How to report, import & export
- 1701. Run a report
- 1702. Export a PDX package
- 1703. Use the DataGrid
- 1704. Use the Report/Export Wizard
- 1800. Import & update items
- 1801. Use the Batch Importer
- 1802. Item Master import
- 1803. Iteration-level relational imports
- 1804. Bill of materials import
- 1805. References import
- 1806. Revision files import
- 1807. Sources import
- 1808. Item-level relational imports
- 1809. Item files & links import
- 1810. Item materials import
- 1811. Item product families import
- 1812. Groups collection import
- 1813. Materials collection import
- 1814. Organizations collection import
- 1815. Product families collection import
- 1816. Persons collection import
- 1817. Custom collection import
- 1900. View & export via ODBC
- 1901. View database objects
- 1902. Create an ODBC connection
- 1903. ItemViews reference
- 1904. ReferencePairViews reference
- 1905. SourcePairViews reference
- 1906. SourceItemMasterView reference
- 1907. StructurePairViews reference
- 1908. ChangeViews reference
- 1909. ChangePairViews reference
- 1910. FilePairMasterView reference
- 2000. How to do other tasks
- 2100. Menu reference
- 2200. Document reference
- 2300. Part reference
- 2400. Change Form reference
- 2500. System Rules reference
- 2501. System Rules tool
- 2502. General: Copy files to snapshot
- 2503. General: Copy previous tasks
- 2504. General: Item uniqueness definition
- 2505. General: Reviewer comment required
- 2506. General: Unlock change form Files (rule)
- 2507. General: Unlock change form Tasks (rule)
- 2508. Password Policy
- 2509. References Tabs
- 2510. BOM: Limit part to one row
- 2511. BOM: Lock part unit of measure
- 2512. BOM: Allow partner parts
- 2600. Collections reference
- 2601. Managing collections
- 2602. Custom attributes
- 2700. Places/Organizations/Persons
- 2800. General
- 2900. Documents
- 3000. Parts
- 3100. Changes
- 3108. Custom collections
- 3200. Other reference topics
- 3300. Software licenses & legal notices