PDXpert PLM Software
On-line Help Guide
This help topic describes the current PDXpert PLM release. Earlier releases may be different. To view your release's version of this topic, open PDXpert and press the F1 key or select the Help menu.
Add or remove approved sources
The Sources tab displays the organizations and part numbers that have been approved as sources. The source list is sometimes called an Approved Manufacturer List ("AML") or Approved Vendor List ("AVL").
Only a part record can be the source for another part. You can't drop a document record onto the Sources tab.
The rank number indicates the designer's preference of one supplier over another supplier.
You must first create a partner part record before you can add it to the Sources list. A partner part record is just like your home organization's part record, but shows the partner organization as the record Owner, and uses the partner-issued ordering number in the record's Number field.
You must be working with a pending iteration to modify the Sources tab. While the part iteration remains pending, all of your work is managed on the Markup list. After the part record is released using an implementing change form (such as an Engineering Change Notice), your source items appear on the iteration's Current list.
To minimize possible database conflicts, save and close all items that you'll be adding to the Markup list.
- To add a source part onto a pending iteration of the part's
Click on the Sources tab and unlock the window.
Scroll the Markup list, if necessary, to expose an empty area.
Using the Item Explorer, locate the source part that you want to add to the part record.
Although a source part typically has a partner organization as its owner, you can also use home parts as sources for other home parts.
Drag the part from the Item Explorer and drop it onto an empty area of the Markup list. The icon in the Add/Remove column is and the child part is assigned a rank number.
If you change your mind, you can remove the added row: select the row, and press your keyboard's Delete key or select the context menu command.
- Modify the attributes on the Markup row as appropriate.
To remove an existing child part (one that was added and released on a previous iteration of the parent part) from the pending iteration's Markup list: Select the part, and press the keyboard Delete key, or select the context menu command. The child part isn't actually deleted; instead, the "keep" icon in the Add/Remove column becomes a red "take off" icon , signaling that the part will be removed from the list when the parent part is released on a change form.
If you change your mind, you can restore a row that's to be removed from the list: selectfrom the context menu.
Help Guide Contents [PDF]
- 0001. Welcome!
- 0002. Help conventions
- 0100. PDXpert Application Server
- 0101. Server overview
- 0200. How to...
- 0300. Console reference
- 0400. How to start the PDXpert client
- 0500. Program concepts
- 0600. How to set up PDXpert
- 0700. How to use the Item Explorer
- 0800. How to use the Collection Explorer
- 0900. How to work with documents
- 0901. Manage documents
- 1000. How to start a document
- 1003. Fill in the new document
- 1004. Add or remove references
- 1005. Save your document
- 1006. Remove your document
- 1007. Release your document
- 1008. Manage a released document
- 1009. Revise a released document
- 1010. Cancel a released document
- 1100. How to work with parts
- 1101. Manage parts
- 1200. How to start a part
- 1203. Fill in the new part
- 1204. Add, modify or remove BOM parts
- 1205. Import a CAD BOM
- 1206. Add or remove approved sources
- 1207. Add or remove references
- 1208. Save your part
- 1209. Remove your part
- 1210. Release your part
- 1211. Revise a released part
- 1212. Manage a released part
- 1213. Cancel a released part
- 1300. How to revise multiple markups
- 1400. How to work with change forms
- 1401. Processing a change
- 1402. Originate a new change form
- 1403. Analyze a submitted change
- 1404. Fix change processing errors
- 1405. Remove your change form
- 1406. Review a routed change
- 1407. Resolve an on-hold change
- 1408. Analyze an accepted change
- 1409. Use a released change
- 1410. View a completed change
- 1411. Analyze a stopped change
- 1412. View a rejected change
- 1413. Remove a canceled change
- 1414. Return a submitted change
- 1500. How to work with file attachments
- 1600. How to report, import & export
- 1601. Create a report
- 1602. Export a PDX package
- 1603. Use the Report/Export Wizard
- 1700. Import & update items
- 1701. Initialize your PLM database
- 1702. Use the External Data Importer
- 1703. Item Master import
- 1704. Iteration-level relational imports
- 1705. Bill of materials import
- 1706. References import
- 1707. Revision files import
- 1708. Sources import
- 1709. Item-level relational imports
- 1710. Item files & links import
- 1711. Materials import
- 1712. Groups collection import
- 1713. Materials collection import
- 1714. Organizations collection import
- 1715. Persons collection import
- 1716. Custom collection import
- 1800. View & export via ODBC
- 1801. View database objects
- 1802. Create an ODBC connection
- 1803. ItemViews reference
- 1804. ReferencePairViews reference
- 1805. SourcePairViews reference
- 1806. SourceItemMasterView reference
- 1807. StructurePairViews reference
- 1808. ChangeViews reference
- 1809. ChangePairViews reference
- 1810. FilePairMasterView reference
- 1900. How to perform other tasks
- 2000. Menu reference
- 2100. Item Explorer reference
- 2200. Document window reference
- 2300. Part window reference
- 2400. Change Form window reference
- 2500. System Rules reference
- 2501. System Rules window
- 2502. General: Copy files to snapshot
- 2503. General: Item uniqueness definition
- 2504. General: Reviewer's comment required
- 2505. Default File Access
- 2506. Password Policy
- 2507. References Tabs
- 2508. BOM: Allow duplicate parts
- 2509. BOM: Lock part default unit of measure
- 2510. BOM: Allow partner parts
- 2600. Collections reference
- 2601. Managing collections
- 2602. Custom attributes
- 2700. Places/Organizations/Persons
- 2800. General
- 2900. Documents
- 3000. Parts
- 3100. Changes
- 3108. Custom collections
- 3200. Other reference topics
- 3300. Software licenses & legal notices