PDXpert PLM Software
On-line Help Guide
This help topic describes the current PDXpert PLM release. Earlier releases may be different. To view your release's version of this topic, open PDXpert and press the F1 key or select the Help menu.
Delete a collection member
You cannot undo your deletion. The collection member is deleted immediately, without further confirmation.
Other users should not be using the system while you're working. Close all item records in your workspace before you begin.
If a person has reviewed change forms or been assigned tasks, it's a good idea to keep a permanent record of the person's activities. Instead of deleting or renaming the Persons collection member, remove the user account using the User Management tool and then set the Persons record inactive.
Confirm that the collection member is not used by members of the Data Transformations or Views collections.
Collection members in use cannot be deleted. Before removing a member from a custom collection, delete the collection member from every document, part, and change form where it's used. If the member is the default value on a type's custom attribute definition, assign a different collection member as the default value.
Open the collection and select (click on) the existing member. The member becomes highlighted.
Before deleting the collection's default member (shown in bold), first assign a different collection member as the default. You cannot reassign the default member of the Organizations collection.
Right-click to open the member's context menu and select thecommand.
You can also delete a collection member by opening it and selectingfrom the menu.
Deleting a custom collection—
A custom collection may be deleted only if the collection and its members are not used anywhere in the application.
Delete each member of the collection.
If a member cannot be deleted, then you must first remove it from all items (documents, parts, change forms) that refer to it.
If the member is the collection's default, you must first clear the Default member of collection checkbox.
If you later decide not to delete the custom collection, be sure to assign one of the collection members as the default member.
- Open the Administrator override checkbox, and lock (F2 key) the window. menu | , mark the
- Open the collection's default member, unlock and clear the Default member of collection checkbox, and close the window.
- Delete the collection member.
- Clear and save the Administrator override checkbox.
When all members are deleted, delete the collection name:
Remove the collection from each Document Types, Part Types and Change Forms collection member's Custom list. Confirm that the collection is not used by members of the Data Transformations or Views collections.
Select the collection in the Collection Explorer list, open the context menu, and select thecommand.
Help Guide Contents [PDF]
- 0001. Welcome!
- 0002. Help conventions
- 0100. PDXpert Application Server
- 0101. Server overview
- 0200. How to...
- 0300. Console reference
- 0400. How to start the PDXpert client
- 0500. Program concepts
- 0600. How to set up PDXpert
- 0700. How to use the Item Explorer
- 0800. How to use the Collection Explorer
- 0900. How to work with documents
- 0901. Manage documents
- 1000. How to start a document
- 1003. Fill in the new document
- 1004. Add or remove references
- 1005. Save your document
- 1006. Remove your document
- 1007. Release your document
- 1008. Manage a released document
- 1009. Revise a released document
- 1010. Cancel a released document
- 1100. How to work with parts
- 1101. Manage parts
- 1200. How to start a part
- 1203. Fill in the new part
- 1204. Add, modify or remove BOM parts
- 1205. Import a CAD BOM
- 1206. Add or remove approved sources
- 1207. Add or remove references
- 1208. Save your part
- 1209. Remove your part
- 1210. Release your part
- 1211. Revise a released part
- 1212. Manage a released part
- 1213. Cancel a released part
- 1300. How to revise multiple markups
- 1400. How to work with change forms
- 1401. Processing a change
- 1402. Originate a new change form
- 1403. Analyze a submitted change
- 1404. Fix change processing errors
- 1405. Remove your change form
- 1406. Review a routed change
- 1407. Resolve an on-hold change
- 1408. Analyze an accepted change
- 1409. Use a released change
- 1410. View a completed change
- 1411. Analyze a stopped change
- 1412. View a rejected change
- 1413. Remove a canceled change
- 1414. Return a submitted change
- 1500. How to work with file attachments
- 1600. How to report, import & export
- 1601. Create a report
- 1602. Export a PDX package
- 1603. Use the Report/Export Wizard
- 1700. Import & update items
- 1701. Initialize your PLM database
- 1702. Use the External Data Importer
- 1703. Item Master import
- 1704. Iteration-level relational imports
- 1705. Bill of materials import
- 1706. References import
- 1707. Revision files import
- 1708. Sources import
- 1709. Item-level relational imports
- 1710. Item files & links import
- 1711. Materials import
- 1712. Groups collection import
- 1713. Materials collection import
- 1714. Organizations collection import
- 1715. Persons collection import
- 1716. Custom collection import
- 1800. View & export via ODBC
- 1801. View database objects
- 1802. Create an ODBC connection
- 1803. ItemViews reference
- 1804. ReferencePairViews reference
- 1805. SourcePairViews reference
- 1806. SourceItemMasterView reference
- 1807. StructurePairViews reference
- 1808. ChangeViews reference
- 1809. ChangePairViews reference
- 1810. FilePairMasterView reference
- 1900. How to perform other tasks
- 2000. Menu reference
- 2100. Item Explorer reference
- 2200. Document window reference
- 2300. Part window reference
- 2400. Change Form window reference
- 2500. System Rules reference
- 2501. System Rules window
- 2502. General: Copy files to snapshot
- 2503. General: Item uniqueness definition
- 2504. General: Reviewer's comment required
- 2505. Default File Access
- 2506. Password Policy
- 2507. References Tabs
- 2508. BOM: Allow duplicate parts
- 2509. BOM: Lock part default unit of measure
- 2510. BOM: Allow partner parts
- 2600. Collections reference
- 2601. Managing collections
- 2602. Custom attributes
- 2700. Places/Organizations/Persons
- 2800. General
- 2900. Documents
- 3000. Parts
- 3100. Changes
- 3108. Custom collections
- 3200. Other reference topics
- 3300. Software licenses & legal notices