PDXpert PLM Software
On-line Help Guide
This help topic describes the current PDXpert PLM release. Earlier releases may be different. To view your release's version of this topic, open PDXpert and press the F1 key or select the Help menu.
Use the DataGrid
The DataGrid shows the results of a Transforms collection member.
To show a transform's results in the DataGrid, its XML code must use the <Provider>DataGrid</Provider> setting. See the Transforms: <Provider> help topic.
The DataGrid supports about 100,000 data cells (columns × rows). Write the transform with this limit in mind. For larger results or more complex data filtering, export the data using the <Provider>Table2</Provider> transform setting.
Using the DataGrid §
Open the DataGrid by running a transform from themenu ➔ command, or from a context menu.
After the DataGrid opens, you can arrange columns and sort rows; filter unwanted data; and copy or export the results.
You can have more than one DataGrid open at the same time.
Adjusting the view §
Adjust column width §
Adjust a column's width by dragging its border. Double-click the column's right-side border to automatically adjust its width to the text.
Order column §
Change the left-to-right column sequence by selecting the column header, and dragging the header box to the correct location.
The vertical line ▎ highlights where the column will be inserted.
Restore the original left-to-right column sequence by clicking thebutton.
Hide column §
Hide a column by opening the column's context menu, and selecting thecommand.
Unhide (show) all hidden columns by clicking thebutton.
Sort rows by column §
Sort the data rows by one or more columns. Click on a column header once to sort ascending (▲ as 0-9,A-Z). Click again to sort descending (▼ as Z-A,9-0). Click once more to remove your sorting. Sorting is not case-sensitive. The Sort by: text shows the sorting rule.
Restore the original sorting by clicking the Sort by: Default message.button. This is confirmed by the
Filter rows §
Show only useful rows by entering text into the Filter by: box. The filter characters are matched character-by-character to the content of any column, and any non-matching rows are filtered out (excluded).
Matching is not case-sensitive.
Space characters are used to separate filter "tokens": each token must match at least one column in a row.
Extra whitespace (like TAB CR NBSP) and control characters (like NUL) are removed from tokens before matching. All other alphanumeric and symbol characters are used for matching. If a table value contains extra whitespace or control characters, these will not be matched.
Each token automatically begins and ends with a wildcard: typing the token PART is immediately converted to *part*
Text in hidden ("housekeeping") columns is ignored.
Clear the filter by clicking on the × at the right end of the Filter by: box. This restores the original set of data rows.
The row filter criteria is similar to:
((columnA has *token1*) OR (columnB has *token1*) OR ... OR (columnN has *token1*))
AND ((columnA has *token2*) OR (columnB has *token2*) OR ... OR (columnN has *token2*))
AND ((columnA has *tokenX*) OR (columnB has *tokenX*) OR ... OR (columnN has *tokenX*))
the data values in columnA through columnN are shown in the table (excluding links to the row's record)
the user has entered token1 through tokenX filter terms, separated by space characters
* is the wildcard (zero or more) character
Selecting rows for exporting and copying §
Filter rows before selecting.
Click anywhere on a data row to select it.
Select a continuous range of rows: (1) select the first row, (2) hold down the Shift keyboard key, and (3) click on the last row in the range.
Select several separated rows: (1) select the first row, (2) hold down the Ctrl keyboard key, and (3) click on any other rows.
If most rows should be selected, but a few should not, first select the entire data grid by clicking on the upper left corner.
Then, hold down the Ctrl keyboard key and click on any row to unselect it.
Clear the selected rows by clicking thebutton.
Exporting data to a file §
Save the data to a file by clicking theor button. The file contains what remains after columns are hidden and sequenced, and rows are sorted, filtered and selected.
Copying data to the Windows clipboard §
Copy the data to the Windows clipboard by clicking theor button. The copied data contains what remains after columns are hidden and sequenced, and rows are sorted, filtered and selected.
Opening a row item §
If a column shows anlink in some or all rows, clicking the link opens the related document, part, change form or collection member. If the item is already open, its window is brought forward.
When the DataGrid is copied or exported, thecolumn is not included in the data.
To learn how to make an Transforms: HK100 column help topic.link, see the
Help Guide Contents [as PDF]
- 0001. Welcome!
- 0002. Help styles
- 0100. PDXpert Application Server
- 0101. Server overview
- 0200. How to...
- 0300. Console reference
- 0400. How to start the PDXpert client
- 0500. PDXpert introduction
- 0600. How to set up PDXpert
- 0700. How to use the Item Explorer
- 0800. How to use the Collection Explorer
- 0900. How to work with documents
- 0901. How to work with documents
- 1000. How to start a document
- 1003. Fill in the new document
- 1004. Add or remove references
- 1005. Start and update a task
- 1006. Save your document
- 1007. Remove your document
- 1008. Release your document
- 1009. Manage a released document
- 1010. Revise a released document
- 1011. Cancel a released document
- 1100. How to work with parts
- 1101. How to work with parts
- 1200. How to start a part
- 1203. Fill in the new part
- 1204. Add, modify or remove BOM parts
- 1205. Import a CAD BOM
- 1206. Add or remove approved sources
- 1207. Add or remove references
- 1208. Add or remove materials
- 1209. Start and update a task
- 1210. Save your part
- 1211. Remove your part
- 1212. Release your part
- 1213. Revise a released part
- 1214. Manage a released part
- 1215. Cancel a released part
- 1300. How to revise multiple markups
- 1400. How to work with change forms
- 1401. Processing a change
- 1500. How to start a change form
- 1503. Start and update a task
- 1504. Analyze a submitted change
- 1505. Fix change form routing errors
- 1506. Remove your change form
- 1507. Review a routed change
- 1508. Resolve an on-hold change
- 1509. Analyze an accepted change
- 1510. Use a released change
- 1511. View a completed change
- 1512. Analyze a stopped change
- 1513. View a rejected change
- 1514. Remove a canceled change
- 1515. Return a submitted change
- 1600. How to work with file attachments
- 1700. How to report, import & export
- 1701. Run a report
- 1702. Export a PDX package
- 1703. Use the DataGrid
- 1704. Use the Report/Export Wizard
- 1800. Import & update items
- 1801. Use the Batch Importer
- 1802. Item Master import
- 1803. Iteration-level relational imports
- 1804. Bill of materials import
- 1805. References import
- 1806. Revision files import
- 1807. Sources import
- 1808. Item-level relational imports
- 1809. Item files & links import
- 1810. Item materials import
- 1811. Item product families import
- 1812. Groups collection import
- 1813. Materials collection import
- 1814. Organizations collection import
- 1815. Product families collection import
- 1816. Persons collection import
- 1817. Custom collection import
- 1900. View & export via ODBC
- 1901. View database objects
- 1902. Create an ODBC connection
- 1903. ItemViews reference
- 1904. ReferencePairViews reference
- 1905. SourcePairViews reference
- 1906. SourceItemMasterView reference
- 1907. StructurePairViews reference
- 1908. ChangeViews reference
- 1909. ChangePairViews reference
- 1910. FilePairMasterView reference
- 2000. How to do other tasks
- 2100. Menu reference
- 2200. Document reference
- 2300. Part reference
- 2400. Change Form reference
- 2500. System Rules reference
- 2501. System Rules tool
- 2502. General: Copy files to snapshot
- 2503. General: Copy previous tasks
- 2504. General: Item uniqueness definition
- 2505. General: Reviewer comment required
- 2506. General: Unlock change form Files (rule)
- 2507. General: Unlock change form Tasks (rule)
- 2508. Password Policy
- 2509. References Tabs
- 2510. BOM: Limit part to one row
- 2511. BOM: Lock part unit of measure
- 2512. BOM: Allow partner parts
- 2600. Collections reference
- 2601. Managing collections
- 2602. Custom attributes
- 2700. Places/Organizations/Persons
- 2800. General
- 2900. Documents
- 3000. Parts
- 3100. Changes
- 3108. Custom collections
- 3200. Other reference topics
- 3300. Software licenses & legal notices